I am very excited to start this year's dog project. Since we cannot have face to face meetings this year, this is where I will post weekly lessons. I will post a description and a video for each new exercise in obedience. Once we have gotten further in obedience I will post information regarding showmanship. Unfortunately, because not everyone has agility equipment at home to use, we will be unable to learn it online.
For anyone who is new, Welcome!! First year trainers are in the pre-novice class. Returning trainers this year are in the novice class. Obedience lessons will be posted for each class (pre-novice and novice) each week. Once we get far enough along I will add Showmanship lessons. First year trainers are in Showmanship A and returning trainers are in Showmanship B.
Please look on the documents page for additional information.
I am in the high risk category for COVID due to my medical issues so I am hoping things may be better that we can have a Fun Show this fall!
Rules & Regulations
- Dogs must be 6 months or older
- Must have proof of rabies and distemper vaccines (bordetella and influenza recommended)
- Worm, tick, and flea free
- No aggressive behaviors and under control at all times
- Bring your own poop bags and clean up after your dog
- Do not bring sick dogs to class
- Must have 6 hours of meetings to participate in shows
- Parent/guardian must stay with child for safety reasons
- Must wear tennis shoes or similar supportive shoe (NO FLIP FLOPS)
- Dogs cannot be trained in professional classes or have parents training them
- You are allowed to enter 3 items in exhibit hall at the fair
This year our weekly meetings will be online. I will post lessons for you to be doing at home with your dog.
Practice, Practice, Practice!
Weekly lessons are not sufficent to train your dog. It is important to practice lessons daily. Daily practice does not have to be for long amounts of time, just enough to complete each excercise.